Friday, December 30, 2016

3-D Pyramid quilt

This project was brought to me, along with another quilt (check back tomorrow for that post!), that had to be kept under wraps until the recipient had received it. I've been so excited to post this, because it's such a striking quilt! The stripeyness of the fabric and the arrangement in triangles make this quilt look like it's 3-dimensional. So neat! The pattern is called "Pretty Pyramids", designed by Willow Brook Quilts. This quilt was a joy to work with - it laid perfectly flat and straight. And it photographed nicely on the snow, too!

My client decided to go with an edge-to-edge quilting motif, so I used mono-filament (clear) thread, because these colors are SO bold - no matter what thread I used, it wouldn't blend with ALL the fabrics as I traveled throughout the quilt.

My quilting is all free-motion, hand-guided on an APQS longarm quilting machine.






No comments:

Post a Comment