Friday, October 6, 2017

Danna #2

If you missed yesterday's post, click here to see Danna's first quilt in this batch.

This second quilt from my new client was another batik quilt top/back, and this one had a really vibrant green-and-blue color scheme. Lots of busyness in these fabrics, in terms of value and color variation, which camouflages the quilting. So, in this sort of situation, I usually recommend an edge-to-edge quilting choice. There's just no sense in investing my time and my client's money in something that you're not really gonna see!

In this case, the quilting motif of choice was overlapping swirls, on a large scale to maintain the quilt's cuddliness. I think it's just great!

Check back tomorrow for the 3rd installment in this batch from Danna!






No comments:

Post a Comment