Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Kathy's Geometrical Homewarmer

I recently got to meet a new quilting client, Kathy, and let me tell you, she was a hoot! She and her husband recently moved back to High River, AB, after living in Newfoundland (Canadian maritimes).

She picked the fabrics in the quilt to match the lovely burnt orange color on the walls in their new home. It will be the topper on their dining table. She designed the pattern herself and let me choose how I wanted to quilt it. I love people who take a leap of faith!

All quilting is hand-guided on an APQS longarm quilting machine.



Some dot-to-dot motifs in the diagonal stratta. Attic windows in the sashing strips. Serpentine back-and-forth in the inner border.




Ruler work in the braided outer border, along with swirls.

The back really shows off the textures. Love!



No comments:

Post a Comment