Sunday, March 13, 2016

Gloria's Dusty Plum Dazzler

This was a piece from a new client, Gloria. She's steadily creating quilts for each of her children and grandchildren. I envy the person who gets this gem! All quilting is hand-guided on an APQS longarm quilting machine.



Here's a few photos "in progress". I've learned that I have to take photos at the top of the quilt to remind myself what the design is supposed to look like at the bottom of the quilt. Otherwise I forget by the time I get there and have to roll all the way back to the beginning to have a jog my memory!


Arches with feathers on the inside and serpentine lines on the outside = the outer border
Continuous curve (double) with feather clusters = the setting triangles







I wish you could see it better, but in the purple sashing strips I put some "cathedral windows". I love this continuous curve/squares combo. It has such a classy effect. I put a free-form feather fill in the sampler squares. 



The back side.




No comments:

Post a Comment