Friday, September 22, 2017

Bringing Home The Tree

This is a store sample for Rumpled Quilt Skins in Okotoks, AB. They'll be teaching this "Bringing Home The Tree" pattern as a class in October. It's got adorable applique, embroidery, and embellishments. And I really like the not-obvious Christmas colors. Mustard, cream, charcoal, black. They have kits available. So classy and cute and the same time!

For quilting, I did as little as I dared in the applique. Just some simple outlining. I love how it lets these focal points puff up. There are two layers of batt - bamboo on the bottom and wool on the top. The fabrics are flannel or wool. So yummy!

I filled densely around the applique, with meandering snowballs. I also added a diagonal plaid to the background of the top left pane. And in the mustard outer border, I used the plaid of the fabric as my guidelines to quilt a diagonal stripe. I LOVE how that turned out!











No comments:

Post a Comment