Monday, August 7, 2017

Simply Eden Quilt

Heather pieced this pattern from Tula Pink, which is called Simply Eden. Isn't it fun and ultra-cool!?

There are a lot of sharp points in this piece. The half-square-triangles that make the perimeter of each color swatch create a jagged feel. So, I thought it would be good to soften those angles by applying a quilting motif with a lot of roundness and flowing movement. Heather liked the idea of doing really big circles/loops. I agree!

It can sometimes be most challenging to quilt a seemingly-perfect shape when it's big, rather than small. As I'm driving my quilting machine, it's easy to maintain control over my machine with small shapes. Smoothness and consistent spacing can be tricky, when I'm moving my machine in larger movements. So this was a nice little challenge for me - honing my skill set for larger quilting shapes. I like it!

My quilting is all free-motion, hand-guided on a longarm quilting machine. 

 






1 comment:

  1. I'm in awe! Big circles are a challenge to keep round! You nailed it Carrie! Well done!

    ReplyDelete