Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Rosemarie's Earth Tones quilt

I'm not sure what the actual name of this pattern is, but I'm calling Earth Tones, because I was immediately drawn to the color palette of this piece. Right up my alley. My house, my wardrobe, my quilts - they're all dominated by earthy colors - browns, golds, rusts, olive greens, navy blues. So, it was easy for me to work on this customer's piece and love it!

Not to mention that this quilt was VERY precisely pieced. Even though this was my first quilting job from my new client, Rosemarie, it is obvious to me that she is a very exact, very meticulous, very capable sewist. I haven't really done a scientific study of it, but this quilt might win my "lays the flattest" prize. So easy for me to work with, and when I laid it out on the floor to picture it, and there wasn't a single wave, not even a ripple, I was washed in a sense of complete quilting piece and contentedness. Quilting can be powerful stuff, you guys.

This all-over feather meander was free-motion, hand-guided on a longarm quilting machine.








No comments:

Post a Comment