Sunday, June 26, 2016

Fort Mac Quilts

A couple of my clients recently asked if I would quilt some donations quilts they put together for victims of the wildfires in Fort McMurray, Alberta. As victims of the 2013 High River floods themselves, they knew how much a kind touch can help heal. I know someone will be getting a special gift in these quilts, sewn with love.

This was a good opportunity for me to consider a special price for donation quilts, something I'd never really given much thought to before. It's so nice for people to give of their time, their fabric, their creativity. Perhaps I can help in my own small way by giving a discount on the quilting. If you click on my "Services" page, you'll see a special section for Charity Quilting Prices. Here's what it says:

Charity Quilting - many of my generous clients donate quilts to various causes, like Victoria Quilts, Hospital Auxiliary, etc. For these projects, I'm happy to offer a special rate in the following manner.
• 1¢ per square inch for medium-density stippling (that's 50% off the regular rate!)
• Thread charge of $2 per bobbin (most lap-size quilts require approx. 3 bobbins, FYI)
• Batting and binding prices are same as normal. You're welcome to provide your own batting.
• I will work these projects into my lineup as scheduling allows. No deadlines for charity quilts.
• If you change your mind and decide to keep your quilt or use it for purposes other than charity, no problem! I LOVE when clients fall in love with their own quilts all over again and can't bear to part with them. Just let me know, and I can bill you for the difference in quilting prices or add it to your next invoice. I appreciate your respect, and I'm trusting you not to take advantage.

This simple stippling was free-motion, hand-guided on a longarm quilting machine.











No comments:

Post a Comment