Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Spoonflower Panel

This quilt was a single piece of fabric that I purchased from a website called, Spoonflower. It's called "cheater quilt". It's a fabric panel, printed to LOOK like a pieced quilt top. I LOVE "cheater" quilts! I am so in love with the quilting part of the process, that I don't have any patience any more for selecting fabrics, cutting, sewing, pressing, piecing, etc. I just want to get to the quilting!

If you are a non-sewer, or if you're in a hurry, there are lots of ways to get around the piecing part of the process. Some of my favs are...
• Printed panels in the style of traditional pieced quilts (large sizes) at pre-printed-quilt-tops.com
• Printed panels in all sorts of styles (smaller size) at spoonflower.com (search “Cheater Quilt”)
• Pre-printed wholecloth at quiltingstencils.com
• Pieced quilt tops on ebay.com (search “Quilt Top”)

I also bound this quilt using my special binding tool. I machine stitched the binding to the front and back of the quilt in one single step. I offer this "Effortless Binding" service to my customers, as well. Go to my "Services and Pricing" page for more info (scroll to the bottom).








83

No comments:

Post a Comment