Thursday, April 6, 2017

Dorothy's Gem

This sweet quilt came to me from my friend Dorothy in Saskatoon. My husband and I are friends with her son, Calvin, and every time Dorothy visits, she and I always have to talk quilting. This is the first piece I've ever gotten to quilt for her, and it was a pleasure.

She wanted edge-to-edge quilting for this to be a cuddle quilt. I used swirls and paisleys, with narrow echoing around each shape. I hope the spacing isn't too tight for her taste. That's part of my process - I like to get to know my clients' preferences and styles. So that they can get me trained to their liking. I have some clients that like super-sparse quilting, and others that like lots of detail. I try to give my clients a quilting job to meet their tastes.

My quilting is all free-motion, hand-guided on a longarm quilting machine.





1 comment: