Monday, April 25, 2016

Russian Tiles #3

Yay, another Russian Tiles quilt for me to feast on! This pattern was a kit/class offered by Rumpled Quiltskins quilt shop in Okotoks, Alberta, in Fall 2015. The store owner, Linda, took a leap of faith in me (a BRAND-new longarm quilter at the time) and hired me to quilt the class sample. Since then this is the second quilt I've gotten to do for students of the Russian Tiles class. See the other one here.

It's so fun for me to work on a quilt top that has siblings in my repertoire. Each piecer adds her own distinct details, through fabric and thread selections, and I try to give each quilt it's own unique look through the quilting motifs I use - honoring the pattern of the piecing and embroidery, but changing it up each time.

Just as before, I marvel at the exquisite work in this piece. Look at all the thread that went into this embroidery! It is definitely a head-turner!

All quilting is free-motion, hand-guided on a longarm quilting machine.














No comments:

Post a Comment