Tuesday, January 14, 2020

First attempt at Topography

I love when clients give me total freedom. This is most common with my more prolific clients. Dorothy is a quilting VETERAN. She's made so many quilts, she's probably in some kind of hall of fame in her home province of Saskatchewan. That much volume, I think, gives the piecer a sense of liberation. When you're just starting out, and you've put all your blood, sweat, and tears into this one masterpiece first quilt, you tend to be worried about every move - will the binding look okay? Will the quilting work with the piecing? What batting should I use? But for some of my more experienced clients, they have so many masterpieces under their belts that they don't hesitate to tell me, "do whatever you want. I trust you." I knew Dorothy was game for "whatever", so after a lot of sketching and video watching, this was my first official attempt at a motif called "topography". Thanks to my Facebook friend Philippa G Quilts for introducing me to this motif, and A Few Scraps: Christina Cameli for posting a video tutorial on YouTube!






No comments:

Post a Comment