Saturday, October 15, 2016

Oldie, But Goodie!

My dear client, Carol, started this piece in 2011 and then put it away for a number of years. It wasn't until this summer that she finally pulled it back out of the closet and completed it. I'm so honored that she brought it to me to finish!

There was a lot of stabilizer (a backing adhered to the fabric to give it stability when embroidering) in various places on the quilt top, and I was worried about how my machine would interact with it, but there was no trouble at all.

I think this will make a beautiful bed adornment. Great job finally finishing, Carol!

My quilting is all free-motion, hand-guided on a longarm quilting machine.


This monster is 107x107". I didn't have anywhere in my house that was big enough to spread it out all at one time! 

Look at that lovely embroidery and metallic thread!



Carol used a really yummy blended fabric for the backing. It had a slippery sheen to it that I loved to run my hands over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment