Sunday, July 2, 2017

Double Wedding Ring quilt

This quilt came from my quilty friend, Lorna. She is a MASTER crafter. Her piecing is true perfection. And with a quilt like this, that is a real advantage!

I have ALWAYS loved the double wedding ring pattern. It's a quintessential, traditional quilt. With lots of white background fabric, Lorna told me to do whatever I wanted, and I went nuts with feathers! I love feathers. Like the quilt pattern, they are another a very traditional quilting motif.

I used continuous curve in the sawtooth border, and also in the interior background (in a grid-like effect). I also put continuous curve in the wedding rings themselves. Congrats on this gorgeous piece, Lorna!
My quilting is all free-motion, hand-guided on an APQS longarm quilting machine.











2 comments:

  1. Beautiful job! I really like the placement of the continuous curve around the rings.

    ReplyDelete