Friday, March 17, 2017

Leann's "Friends and Family" quilt

This quilt was a special kind of treat for me. It was sent to me from a friend in Oklahoma, named Leann. She bought the pattern and the flannel fabrics at a little quilt shop in Colorado many years ago. Brought it back home and asked her mother to cut and piece it together. They did it as a gift for Leann's daughter, Sandi - who is also my friend, and who is a co-worker of my husband's here in Alberta. And they asked me to quilt and bind it for them. Leann kept telling me to put my own style into it, because she wanted it to be a "family and friends" quilt. It was a real group effort - each of us putting our own touches on it. Read what Leann had to say:

"This project-finish idea was born in my mind while I attended church with you last summer. You spoke of the quilting you and others who have gone before you for generations have done, and the scripture from I Corinthians 3:6 came to mind. Paul wrote 'I have planted, Apollos watered, but God gives the increase.' When I told mom, she loved the idea that I saw the idea (pattern and the materials), she had the knowledge to change a set of materials into a quilt top, and you had the vision of how to put it together with an artist reflection of how to make it all come alive. Kind of like what Paul wrote about! So please enjoy this one especially for mother and me! Lots of love & much appreciation - Leann"

I hope Sandi gets lots of warmth and joy from this quilt. It was a joy for me to be involved with! 

My quilting is all free-motion, hand-guided on a longarm quilting machine.










No comments:

Post a Comment