Thursday, December 15, 2016

Renee's Trout quilt

I recently was entrusted with FOUR quilts from a friend from Washington. Renee has family that live near me, and she brought these quilts along when she came to celebrate Canadian Thxgiving in October. I humbly took possession of them, and then promptly left for FIVE weeks to help with corn harvest in Nebraska and to visit family in Ohio. So, poor Renee had to wait for a long time to get these gems back in her hands!

This first one is a log cabin pattern, arranged in a chevron format, featuring cool trout fabric. Apparently Renee had it stashed away and didn't pull it back out until many years later. She said had no memory of actually making it! Ha!

I applied an edge-to-edge quilting pattern - a sorta wavy, flowy motif, which reminded me of a river babbling and rolling over rocks. It's my large-scale version of "McTavishing", a style of quilting created by Minnesota longarmer, Karen McTavish.

My quilting is all free-motion, hand-guided on a longarm quilting machine.





No comments:

Post a Comment