Thursday, December 8, 2016

Trish's Sampler

I love quilting for my client, Trish. When she brings me her quilts, she closes her eyes and takes a full-hearted swing for the lights. She tells me to do whatever I want, and heaps praises on me, making me feel like a quilting goddess. And invariably, when I'm done quilting a piece for her, I always feel pleased with the result. But that has a LOT to do with the fact that I love Trish's quilts before I ever start quilting them. They all have a gentleness and sweetness to them that just makes me feel content. I love that Trish lets me do whatever I want on her quilts, and I love that she genuinely seems to love what it is that I DO to them. This was the email she sent after getting back her last batch of quilts.

"Good morning, Carrie,
   I absolutely adore these quilts, Carrie. You are an amazing artist - your quilting is absolutely beautiful. I am having such a wonderful time finishing off the binding. I have worked on these for a long time.  Thank you so much for helping me get these projects finished. I truly feel that your cheerfulness, kind spirit and faith shine through your work…these quilts absolutely make me smile. Thanks again, Carrie, Trish"

That is everything I could hope for in my work. Thanks, Trish!!!!

My quilting is all free-motion, hand-guided on a longarm quilting machine.









1 comment:

  1. Love the border quilting on this quilt Carrie, among other things! Nice to see you posting again, I missed your blog :-) !

    ReplyDelete