Wednesday, December 2, 2015

French Birds Appliqué Quilt

A new client, Linda, brought this quilt to me after seeing my work on another appliquéd piece I did for Rumpled Quiltskins quilt shop. She left the quilting design up to me, which is always a nice treat for a quilter. I tried to compliment the intricate embroidery with quilting in the same frame-of-mind and density.

I have to admit, this quilt had its way with me. I started off envisioning less intense quilting, a much simpler design. But as I got to working, I just couldn't stop. It was like the quilt just told me what it wanted. The embroidery is so stunning, it demanded that I step up my game to try and meet it on the same footing. I'm so happy I deviated from the original plan. I think it turned out pretty nicely!

















10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! That is beyond stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you quilt as you and sew each section together after quilted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! It was actually embroidered and piece by a client, and then brought to me as a whole quilt top. I loaded it on my longarm frame and did the quilting.

      Delete
  3. Did you quilt as you and sew each section together after quilted?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are these all embroidered designs and if so where can they be purchased?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! As far as I know, these were all computerized embroidery designs, by Linda Freund, the owner of Rumpled Quiltskins quilt shop in Okotoks, AB. Their website is: http://www.rumpledquiltskins.ca

      Delete
  5. Amazing Work of Art. Craftswoman Style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing. I hope to be able to quilt just like you and your client when I grow up! ;-)

    ReplyDelete