Thursday, October 1, 2015

Bridesmaid Baby Quilt

I have been SO excited to post this quilt. In general, I try not to share photos of quilts with the public until their owners have seen them in person. The gal who made this quilt top shipped it to me from Colorado. And get this... it was her FIRST quilt! And get this... the solid-colored peach fabric in the quilt was cut from a dress she wore as a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding. And get THIS... the quilt is going back to that friend who is now expecting a baby! Isn't that just a fun circle?

I used a combination of free-flowing feathers, concentric swirls, and ruler-worked dot-to-dot quilting, in a slightly contrasting thread color, which I was really pleased with. I think Jessi should KEEP QUILTING!










No comments:

Post a Comment