Sunday, October 4, 2015

Amazing Jane Around The World!

This post has been a long time coming. I've said before that I don't like to post pics of finished quilts until their owners have seen them in person. Well, I think this quilt top was given to me in, gosh, maybe MAY - I can't even remember. It was given to me among several others to quilt from my treasured friend, Jane. Jane is THE FIRST person who ever paid me to quilt for her. I didn't tell her that at the time. Her daughter, Lise, is one of my good friends, and when Jane was visiting her once (Jane & her husband live in central Alberta, about six hours from here) we had lunch and got to talking about quilting. She gave me a quilting job on a subsequent visit, and the rest is history, as they say. That was October of 2012. Over the last few years, Jane has trusted DOZENS of quilts to me and given me so much good quality workmanship to quilt on. I've learned and grown and (hopefully) improved, and much of it is thanks to her, for giving me so many beautiful "canvases" to "paint" on. Thanks, Jane, for partnering with me and bringing so much warmth and cheer into my quilting life! You will ALWAYS be my #1 quilting client!

This quilt is a bargello trip around the world. Don't you love the gradient effect of these well-chosen fabrics? It's captivating. This was actually the first paid client project that I took on with my new quilting machine. I was nervous. I did allover paisleys and swirls in the center. I did some stemmed feathers and ruler-work in the borders. And I also attached the binding to the front of the quilt, ready for her to turn over and hand stitch to the backing. Jane is giving this quilt to a friend as a wedding gift. It's enormous - 87x108" - and will surely bring warmth to the new couple. Don't you wish YOU were a friend of Jane's??

Pardon the excessive photos - it was so beautiful, and I was so excited at this early point with my longarm machine that I couldn't stop snapping!

















1 comment: