Saturday, February 17, 2018

Valentine Set

Here's some yummy Valentine's decor for my client, Joni. The lap-size quilt and the set of 12 placemates all feature raw-edge applique. "Raw-edge" refers to the fact that seams are exposed on the outside of the quilt, rather than folded under or enclosed in a decorative stitch. As a quilt like this gets used, the raw edges will fray a bit and become a little raggedy, creating a lovely 3D effect.

I included photos here of how I mounted the 12 placemats on my frame. I've quilted placemats a few times now, and I thought it would be worth mentioning that I request my clients bring one single, solid piece of backing fabric - rather than 12 individual pieces of backing for the 12 placemats. I just lay each subsequent mat next to the previously completed one, and I continue quilting. It saves fabric for my clients, and saves time for me. Win-win!














No comments:

Post a Comment