Friday, December 29, 2017

Petals in the Pot

Here's the last quilt that I will post in 2017. There are two more that I'm not at liberty to share until later when they've been given to their recipients. Check back, because they're awesome! Counting those two, that makes 152 quilts on my longarm in 2017. Up from 105 quilts last year. A total of 318  since getting my longarm quilting machine in August 2015. I'm having so much fun!

This is a little piece that I quilted for local quilt shop, Rumpled Quilt Skins. This is a class sample for two of their upcoming courses - "Scan N Cut Project" and "Advanced Applique". In this little showpiece, I echoed around the applique pieces, and then filled somewhat tightly around them. There are two layers of batting, so the unquilted applique pops up beautifully. I put a double-orange peel in the checkerboard at the top and bottom. Simple, elegant, pretty!

For further info about the upcoming classes at RQS, be sure to stop by their open house on Saturday, January 6, from 9am to 5pm. They will have 20% sales, as well as new samples for their new classes!







No comments:

Post a Comment