Saturday, December 9, 2017

Lavonne's Red, Black, and White quilt

Here's a quilt from Lavonne, and it is FULL of really yummy fabrics in really bold colors and patterns. I love the POP of red in the two thin borders. It really gives this otherwise pretty-subtle quilt a lot of interest. Lavonne told me to do whatever I wanted for quilting. I knew right away that I was going to do an edge-to-edge quilting treatment, and I decided to use my most economical offering, simple stippling. There was no point in investing my time (or Lavonne's money!) in anything much more ornate, because it just doesn't show up. Stippling is attractive and effective, and it got this quilt off my frame and back in Lavonne's hands in time to get bound and given as a thoughtful and beautiful Christmas gift. Great job, Lavonne!





No comments:

Post a Comment