Thursday, September 10, 2015

Norma's Toile Chevron Quilt

A happy accident here. I was going to do a simple and quick all-over swirls design on this hospital donation quilt. But at the last second, I decided to do a mixture of swirls and what started in my mind as a cat's eye - a sorta football shape. Then I echoed around the cat's eye shape, to keep it consistent with the style of the swirls. When I stepped back and looked at the resulting combo, it actually took on a new look to me. It kinda reminds me of rosebuds and leaves. So here's my painstakingly well-thought-out and completely intentional new ROSEBUD filler.

An extra tidbit for you: the cream and maroon print is a very historical pattern for drapery and upholstery fabric, china, and paintings, originally from Ireland in the 12th Century, but also popular in France and colonial America. It's called TOILE (pronounced: twaul).





No comments:

Post a Comment