Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Jennifer's Red & White Quilt

You guys, I'm sorry for being so negligent with posting images of your quilts! This quilt from Jennifer was actually completed back in early August. I'm in the mood to do some blogging tonight, so we'll see how close I can get to caught up!

This piece was an cool and interesting. You can see it has four-pointed diamonds/stars in the corners of every block. One might assume that these were pieced into the block. But upon closer inspection, you can see that they were actually appliqued onto the blocks. So if you were terrible at bias seams, this would be a great option for you!

I lovingly applied an edge-to-edge treatment of peonies, to go with the round flowers, which were also appliqued on. And I also attached the binding strip that Jennifer prepared and brought with the quilt. It went back to her, ready for her last loving touch of hand-stitching the binding to the back.






No comments:

Post a Comment