Thursday, September 14, 2017

Birds Table Runner

This great table runner came from my new client, Anne. She wanted it light-custom-quilted, and I think that's a great choice for a table-topper. That's a really visible place in a household. A beautifully constructed centerpiece can be a conversation-starter and help set the tone for your home.

I quilted leaves in the border, to mirror the leaves that were pieced into the quilt top. I outlined the green leaves and added subtle veins inside them. I tacked down the background space with swirls. Some pearls in the brown sashing strips. Outlined the birds, but for the most part, just stayed off of them, so that they'd puff up and draw the eye. And just like that... I was done!

Enjoy your new table-topper, Anne!






No comments:

Post a Comment