Sunday, June 25, 2017

Donna's Gray Flower Garden

In this piece, my client Donna used background fabrics in tones of black, white, and gray and embroidered beautiful flower designs in alternating blocks with bold thread colors. You really have to be up close to appreciate the intricacy of this quilt. It's lovely!

She asked if I could put flowers in some of the blank squares, as silhouettes of the embroidered flowers. I thought it was a great idea! I didn't do it in every block, because some of them had busy prints, which I knew would not allow the quilting to show up. So, I free-hand quilted some flower silhouettes in strategic blocks, and the rest got a peony filler. I hope Donna loves her flower garden!

My quilting is all free-motion, hand-guided on an APQS longarm quilting machine.











No comments:

Post a Comment