Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Lattice Floral Quilt

This piece makes me happy. How can you see all those bold floral prints and NOT feel a little more cheerful! The lattice layout is gorgeous. Renee said the quilting design was up to me. I elected to go with an edge-to-edge design of free-flowing feathers. The prints (colors and values) had such strong variation that I new the quilting design really wouldn't show up much. No sense investing a lot of time and effort into something that isn't gonna be distinguishable.

But if you look closely, you can see the quilting pattern. I love how the feathers spill out like vines of flowers. I'm not gonna lie... I just LOVE feathers!

My quilting is all free-motion, hand-guided on a longarm quilting machine.


Check out this great extra-wide backing fabrid. Longarm quilters LOVE fat-backs or wide-backs. No seam to plan around. And when you get the extra fabric back with the finished quilt, you get fun quilt-quality fabric that you can use for binding, or in an upcoming project. BIG fan of fat-backs here!


No comments:

Post a Comment