Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Donna's Trellis Garden quilt

This beautiful piece was from a new client of mine, Donna. She purchased this quilt kit from Craftsy - a platform I've used LOTS over the years for online crafting classes, patterns, and kits. It's a real WEALTH of knowledge for the modern crafter!

Donna mentioned that she likes feathers, so I used them throughout this quilt. Meandering feathers in the outer border - which you can't even see on that beautiful fabric. Lots of color and value variation in the busy print, so quilting doesn't show up much.

I also used feather arches in the triangular areas adjacent to the thin, seafoam green inner border. And one-sided feathers in the on-point squares. Ribbon candy in the cream inner border. Continuous curve (aka: orange peal) in the red chains.

This quilt was a breeze to work on. I actually went a little more detailed than our original discussion, because, honestly, the quilt just led me there. Still, I sailed through it, thanks to a lot of freely moving motifs, just a little bit of ruler work, and a tiny amount of stitch-in-the-ditch.

All my quilting is free-motion, hand-guided on an APQS longarm quilting machine.








No comments:

Post a Comment