Saturday, February 27, 2016

Carol Anne's Owl quilt

This is a textbook example of an experience I get to have because of my job that I would never have otherwise had. If I were only quilting for myself, for instance - I'm always drawn to earth tones and traditional quilt patterns. So when something like this cheerful, funky, youthful, appliqued quilt top come my way, it's a breath of fresh air! It's adorable and absolutely lovely!

Carol Anne made this quilt top as a birthday gift for her soon-to-be 13-year-old granddaughter. I hope she loves it!

All quilting is free-motion, hand-guided on an APQS longarm quilting machine.



I put some dot-to-dot quilting in the larger, blank squares. 




The background space throughout much of the quilt is my "peony" filler. 



I also used Paisleys for a background filler. And I stayed out of the appliqued owl circles, so they would puff up and draw attention.



This is the back side.


No comments:

Post a Comment