Sunday, January 10, 2016

Victoria Quilts Zebra quilt

Finally getting back in the groove after a big rush before Christmas and a nice break over the holidays. This is a quilt that I've had waiting in the wings for quite a while. It's for Victoria's Quilts, a donation program that gives quilts to patients with cancer. The quilt top was made by members of the local VQ chapter.

All quilting was hand-guided on an APQS longarm quilting machine. I used this quilt as a sort of sampler to try out some patterns I hadn't used much in a while. Also took inspiration from the zebra-print fabric. Did my own rendition of zebra pattern in the quilting of that outer border.






Did your middle school go through a phase where everyone was obsessed with doodling this square that spirals inward? I swear I wasted more notebook paper on this design than I did on geometry! 






No comments:

Post a Comment